“Dear Future Girlfriend, here’s a couple things you need to know if you want to be my one and only all the time…”
This list is a living list of things I have come to know over the last 11 years of serious dating. I don’t include any girlfriends in or before High School and I didn’t do much dating in the Army. Shortly before turning 22, I met a girl and then less than a year later we were married. That was my first of many mistakes in dating. I don’t regret much in my life and try to learn from everything that happens. Here is my list and note to my future girlfriend. I am not ashamed or afraid to say that I want to be married again so that future girlfriend could be my future wife. (More on this in another posting. – note to self to write more on this, lol)
- Don’t be crazy.
- This one is self explanatory!
- Make it easy to date you.
- No guy wants to be forced to act like a boyfriend. They just want to do what they want and love you the best way they know how.
- Laugh at my all my jokes
- Don’t force it but if you think something is funny then don’t be afraid to laugh.
- Recursively, make me laugh
- I have a very loose sense of humor, this won’t be hard
- Accept Sarcasm as a second language
- If you don’t know it then learn it, quickly.
- Makeup – less is better
- I get it that women these days feel they need makeup, and it’s not that I don’t appreciate the way you look but know what looks good and how to enhance your features without adding a whole new layer of skin. Later on when this comes off I don’t want to date two different people.
- Accept my son. Period.
- You don’t have to love him, initially, but if you aren’t absolutely sure you can date/marry a guy with a kid then I have no purpose dating you. Simple.
- Don’t afraid to hold my hand or let me kiss you in public.
- Updated 8-29-16
I will add to this list as I think of things to add…
If you are wondering, yes, I know this is the public internet and anything I post on here could be read by anyone in the world, but this is my blog…How could you expect me not to be extremely personal on a website with my namesake? Jason Lamb dot ME!